Hanoi International Airport (Noi Bai)
Noi Bai International Airport is located 70 kilometres South of the city centre of Thai Nguyen. With its two Terminals, it is the biggest airport in northern Vietnam. If you need detailed information concerning your arrival at the airport check out the following website: https://www.hanoiairportonline.com/
Vietnam allows nationals of 23 countries to enter Vietnam without a visa for varying time periods, most of the countries being members of the ASEAN. For this reason, a visa for participants from Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Myanmar is not required for certain period of stay. Until 30th June 2017, visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens with passport having at least six-month validity travelling to Vietnam for up to 15 days for all purposes. The 15-day visa exemption is for single entry only and includes the date of entry and the date of exit. You must have a visa before entering Viet Nam if you want to stay longer than 15 days. For further information about entry requirements please get in touch with Vietnamese Embassies (e.g. the Vietnamese Embassy in Germany).
Transfer from the Airport and around Thainguyen
From the Noibai airport to Thainguyen city:
For Vietnamese participants from different regions: from the Hanoi city and from the Noibai airpoirt: you can call and make a reservation for Limousine to travel Thai Nguyen city . Detail information please visit:
- Limousine Newstar:
Hotline: 0208.6.555.999 (for booking); Price: 120,000 VND
- Limousine Hà Lan:
Hotline: 018.104.22.168.73 (for booking); Price: 120,000 VND
From the Thainguyen city to the conference venue:
- Taxi Mai Linh: 022.214.171.124.25
- Taxi Thai Bao: 0208.3.737.737
- Taxi Binh An: 0126.96.36.199.54
For international participants from Germany and from Southeast Asia: please inform us the details of your flights, we will arrange someone with ‘DAAD Alumni Meeting at Thainguyen” to pick you up at the airport. Please contact Ms Phuong (cellphone: (+84) 912.424.798, email: email@example.com) to get further information for your pick up from the airport.
We reserved a block of rooms at Da Huong Hotel - which is just approximately 2.0km to the conference's venue (not relevant for participants from Thainguyen city). Please contact Mrs Hai Anh (cellphone: 0944.700.138, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) referring to the code ‘DAAD Alumni’ to get information for your stay.
- Travel Costs: please book the tickets, we will reimbuse you later according to the DAAD cost norms.
- The accommodation costs:
- For three nights from 11th to 13th October 2017. Extended stay at the hotel and other extra services or expenses, for example room service, mini bar, etc. are not included and cannot be covered by DAAD. If you use any extra services or in case of cancellation or no-show and penalty charges are applied, you will have to pay these costs (if any) by yourself. If you do not stay at the conference hotel from 11th/12th to 13th October 2017, the DAAD cannot reimburse any accommodation costs.